Monday, July 18, 2016

Collision & Fatal by Evie Harper Reviews!!!

When I was fourteen years old, I killed for the first time.  That day I learned cruelty wasn’t only within the walls we had just escaped.
 
It hasn’t been easy growing up in the middle of a war. A struggle to find shelter. Fighting to protect our bodies against the corruption of the streets. Nobody cared about the street kids who had to beg and steal to eat. Now we are the Portland Street Kings – A family forged through loyalty not blood. To get through this life of broken dreams alive, we’ve become hard, uncaring and merciless. We do what must be done to keep our family safe, we will harm those who stand against us. 
 
We have it all, feared and respected by those on the streets. Then she collided into my world, and with her came demons from my past, back to haunt us all.


MY REVIEW!!!
5 STARS!!!
In Collision by Evie Harper we meet two very different but similar people, Slater and Piper. Slater will steal, kill, hurt, die before anything happens to his family. That's why the Portland Street Kings are so deadly and feared. Piper is sort of looking for a place to belong and a family of her own. Slater and Piper come together so fast but can it last.

I really loved and enjoyed this book. Gosh this story just sucked me into it. I absolutely loved and adored the character of Slater, he was so badass, tough, dark, deadly and sexy and just overall someone I want (hahaha I need me a Slater stat!!) I love the fact that the author gave us a completely different book blurb then one were used too. This book's blurb has no characters names or a really good description, its sort of secretive and dark and mysterious. Which is basically what this book is.  This is such a good book one that I could not get enough of. Definitely one of my top reads for this year. Can't wait to read more.

Mackson King’s past is a dark, horror-filled chasm that could swallow the toughest, most dangerous men. A member of the notorious Portland Street Kings, he’s impossible to intimidate—but he can be hurt. He learned that the hard way, thanks to her. Lana. The one woman capable of easing his nightmares, of soothing his demons, was the very woman who shredded his heart. She took away his torments, only to become one of them.

Born into a family who lost their way long before she arrived, Lana Scavello has carefully enforced a steely interior that shields her heart from harm. But that doesn’t mean she can’t cry, and she’s spared Mackson King more tears than he ever deserved. Finding Lana at her most vulnerable, saving her when she felt the most invisible, he burrowed beneath her defenses to carve his own personal door to her soul. Only to decimate it, along with everything she’d ever known.

Now, years later, fate has thrown the couple together once more. Pain, heartbreak and betrayal will explode to the surface, leaving both of them raw, aching, exposed. And that’s when their true love story begins…


MY REVIEW!!
5 STARS!!
In Fatal by Evie Harper, Mackson King and Lana Scavello are at a crossroads, both have hurt one another and now hate each other. Now Mack is forced to watch over Lana and protect her from her crazy brother who has gone off the deep end. Will all the hurt and betrayal force these two father apart or can something bring these two back together and the deep love that once shared.

I really enjoyed and loved this book. Gosh this series is just so damn good, I just can not get enough of these characters. There stories are so compelling that you just can't help but be intrigued and want to know and read more. I really can't get enough of Evie's writing style, it's so different from anything I've read before. Her characters, their monologue, actions and just the way their story's play out is just amazing. I can't get enough, this is series is definitly going to be one of my top series of the year. Can't wait to read more.


No comments:

Post a Comment