Sunday, September 4, 2016

Wrong Question, Right Answer by Elle Casey

As a member of the Bourbon Street Boys private security firm, Antoinette “Toni” Delacourte is one strong woman, but despite her reputation for being tough as nails, she is haunted by her past mistakes. Now they’re catching up to her, and throwing her for a loop.Ten years ago, Toni kissed Lucky, her brother’s best friend. Worried it would break apart the group she’d come to see as family, she walked away—straight into the arms of Charlie, and an abusive relationship.For the past decade she’s tried to keep her feelings for Lucky platonic—he’s her friend, her colleague, and he’s got his own past to deal with. Free of Charlie but unable to shake his memory, Toni finds herself feeling vulnerable and unable to deny her attraction to Lucky any longer.She’s always thought that kiss was her first mistake, but now she’s wondering whether the real mistake was running away.

MY REVIEW!!3 STARS!

Toni who hides behind this tough girl persona, one that keeps people at a distance. She’s strong and loyal to her Bourbon Street brethren; however, she is haunted by the mistakes of her past. Lucky, who also works at Bourbon Street Boys, is someone that Toni has known since her childhood. She crushed on him hard in her teen years and after a kiss one night she runs into the wrong arms. Lucky is also someone that battles with the demons from his past. Like Toni, he carries around a huge burden of guilt. When Toni and Lucky end up moving past the friend-zone and lines get blurred.
This book did just not do it for me. I did not like the character of Toni at all. I don't very much care for tough, crude female leads in books. I just couldn't stand Toni, the way she spoke, they way her monologues were in her head. I literally skipped over most of her because she annoyed me so bad. I mean she thought she was a murder, in hindsight she was but not really it was self defense. I just dint really get the whole story line either and to me Lucky was not male enough for me as a character. He bent over backwards and walked on eggshells for Toni who to be it seemed like she cared less. She was very rude to the other characters May and her sister and I don't know why either. The writing style was good and I loved the other characters from the other books we saw, but this book to me just did not hook me. It really saddens me that I din't like this book. I loved the other to books and enjoyed the authors writing style. I really hope the other books are better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment