Wednesday, August 3, 2016

May The Best Man Win by Mira Lyn Kelly Review!

Four friends
Each a Best Man at a wedding
One chance to get it right

Jase Foster can't believe his bad luck. He's been paired with the she-devil herself for his best friend's wedding: Emily Klein of the miles-long legs and killer smile. She may be sin in a bridesmaid dress, but there's no way he's falling for her again.

They can barely stand each other, but given how many of their friends are getting married, they'll just have to play nice-at least when they're in company. Once they're alone, more than just gloves come off as Jase and Emily discover their chemistry is combustible, and there may be something to this enemies to lovers thing after all...



MY REVIEW!!
3 STARS!!
In the beginning of May the Best Man Win we meet Jase and Emily. They have a ridiculous number of mutual friends. As you can imagine Jase and Emily keep running into each other at weddings and because of a big misunderstanding when they were at school together involving her boyfriend and his best friend, they hate each other. But secretly lust after each other. Then not quite so secretly lust each other.

The way the book is structured is very much around Jase/Emily's encounters and each chapter is pretty much a new month, a new wedding or a new run-in which has them developing some feelings and talking about the past.

I liked and enjoyed this book but sadly this book did not hook me or keep me interested. I really dint care for the character of Emily, I dint like her personality or just her in general. I don't get the need for all of these dang friends as well. The author put way to many friends in this story and way to many other stories which was so hard to keep up and I feel it just took away from Emily and Jase's story. I also don't get why she had to write the part about Romeo and Sally, she invested us in there marriage and relationship and to almost do that to them made me want to stop reading the book. I felt like it was a waste of time.  I liked the authors writing style and thought this story was very cute and I did enjoy some of the friends and there personality's, which as me a little excited for the next friends book. This book just did not do it for me, I am going to read the next ones and hope there a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment